My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a couple seconds. If not, visit
http://www.billykirk.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 7, 2007

The leather patchwork guitar project





































Metropolis Music in Jersey City gave 12 local artists these Fender Strat knock-offs and said do you want to them. All the finished guitars will will be showcased at Metropolis Music during the October 2007 Jersey City Studio Tour.


I have painstakingly arranged all these hand-distressed and oiled leather patches to the body of the guitar. I am using very short escutcheon pins that have been tumbled. All the shiny chrome parts were tumbled dull as well. The pick guard and back pick-up plate will also be leather when I am finished. Of course, with all these escutcheon pins nailed everywhere I am uncertain what will happen to the tone. More to follow......

1 Comments:

Blogger helmetwill said...

"The leather patchwork guitar project" is totally awesome. I'd love to see it some time... nice work Kirk...

February 13, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home