My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a couple seconds. If not, visit
http://www.billykirk.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The leather patchwork guitar project *update
































Here is the finished guitar. Approx. 120 hours went into it. It was shown at the Canco Lofts and the 4th Street Music Festival in Jersey City.

Once the body was complete I decided the natural maple neck needed something else so I put 5 coats of ebony stain and then a clear coat sealer on it. I also added some after market Strat chrome tuning knobs that were tumbled and a custom leather wrapped whammy bar. The sound is not effected by the nails. I am taking commissions so if you are interested please give me a call. Remember, leather comes in many different colors and textures. So if you crave a guitar that is wrapped in a shiny metallic leather or an authentic cobra texture then I can do it.

*Click on Images to enlarge.

Kirk 646 808 4701

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home